Fieldwork at the Gobi Desert, Mongolia
- Academic degrees
- B. S., Department of Geoenvironmental Science, Tohoku University (2000)
- M. S., Department of Earth and Planetary Science, Graduate School of Science, The University of Tokyo (2003)
- Dr. Sci., Department of Earth and Planetary Science, Graduate School of Science, The University of Tokyo (2006)
- Barrett, P. and T. Ohashi. 2016. Ornithischian dinosaur material from the Kuwajima Formation (Tetori Group) of Ishikawa Prefecture, Japan. Historical Biology, 28: 279−287.
- Ohashi, T., A. P. Márquez, Y. Hasegawa, Y. Koda, Y. Taketani and M. Nemoto. 2015. Hadrosauroid remains from the Coniacian (Late Cretaceous) Futaba Group, northeastern Japan. Bulletin of the Kitakyushu Museum of Natural History and Human History Series A 13: 1−6.
- Suzuki, D., K. Chiba, C. S. VanBuren and T. Ohashi. 2014. The Appendicular Anatomy of the Elegant Crested Tinamou (Eudromia elegans). Bulletin of the Kitakyushu Museum of Natural History and Human History Series A 12: 1−48.
- Ohashi, T. 2011. An ornithischian dinosaur tooth from the Lower Cretaceous Okurodani Formation (Tetori Group), Japan. Paleontological Research, 15: 185−188.
- Ohashi, T. and P. M. Barrett. 2009. A new ornithischian dinosaur from the Lower Cretaceous Kuwajima Formation of Japan. Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology 29: 748−757.
- Lydens, L., T. Ohashi and M. Manabe. 2007. From a Distance: Mobile phones as live broadcasting devices. Museums and the Web 2007. http://www.archimuse.com/mw2007/papers/lydens/lydens.html.
- Ohashi, T., O. Kuwazuru and N. Yoshikawa. 2007. An investigation of feeding mechanisms of ornithopod dinosaur using finite element analysis Seisan Kenkyu 59 (2): 120−123. (in Japanese)
- Kaiho, K., Z. –Q. Chen, T. Ohashi, T. Arinobu, K. Sawada and B. S. Cramer. 2005. A negative carbon isotope anomaly associated with the earliest Lopingian (Late Permian) mass extinction. Palaeogeography Palaeoclimatology Palaeoecology 223: 172−180.
International Conference Presentations
- Ohashi, T., Y. Hasegawa and C. Suzuki. 2014. Dinosaur remains from the mid-Cretaceous shallow marine sediments of the Futaba Group, Japan. The 2nd international symposium of international geoscience programe (IGCP) project 608. Waseda, JAPAN. (Poster)
- Ohashi, T. 2014. An overview of terrestrial vertebrate fossil assemblages of the Lower Cretaceous Kwanmon Group, Kitakyushu, Japan. International symposium on Asian dinosaurs in Fukui. Fukui, JAPAN. (Poster)
- Miyata, K., Y. Okazaki, H. Sakai, T. Ohashi and Y. Tomida. 2013. First record of a primitive rhinocerotoid Hyrachyus from the Middle Eocene of Japan. 73rd Annual meeting of society of vertebrate paleontology. Los Angeles, USA. (Poster)
- Y. Tomida, T. Ohashi and C. Jin. Phylogenetic analysis of extant leporid genera based on morphology of the skull, jaw, and dentition. 4th World Lagomorph Conference, Vienna. AUSTRIA.
- Ohashi, T., Y. Hasegawa, S. Kawabe and Y. Okazaki. 2011. New information on the Plotopteridae skulls from the Oligocene Kishima Group and Ashiya Group of northern Kyushu, Japan. 71st Annual meeting Society of vertebrate Paleontology. Las Vegas, USA. (Poster)
- Ohashi, T. 2011. An investigation on the feeding mechanisms of the basal hadrosaur (Hadrosauroidea) using the 3D finite element method. International Hadrosaur Symposium. Drumheller, CANADA. (Poster)
- Ohashi, T., Y. Hasegawa, T. Tsuihiji, M. Manabe, Y. Koda and M. Nemoto. 2011. Dinosaur fauna of the Coniacian Futaba Group, northeastern Japan. 6th Symposium of the International Geoscience Program IGCP 507. Beijing, CHINA. (Poster)
- Ohashi, T., T. Hirasawa, T. Tsuihiji, N. Kusuhashi, K. Kondo, T. Komatsu and M. Manabe. 2009. A new vertebrate fossil site in fluvial deposits of the Late Cretaceous Himenoura Group in Southwest Japan. 4th International Symposium of the IGCP Project 507. Kumamoto, JAPAN. (Poster)
- Miyake, Y., M. Aramaki, T. Komatsu, M. Manabe, R. Hirayama, T. Tsuihiji, T. Ohashi, Y. Yabumoto and N. Ikegami. 2009. Vertebrate fossil remains from the Upper Cretaceous Campanian to Maastrichtian Himenoura Group in the Koshikijima Islands, Kagoshima, Kyushu, Japan. 4th International Symposium of the IGCP Project 507. Kumamoto, JAPAN. (Poster)
- Ohashi, T., M. Manabe, A. Yoshida, A. H. Rasoamiaramanana and G. Suwa. 2008. Endocranial anatomy of Aepyornithidae birds. 68th Annual meeting, Society of Vertebrate Paleontology. Cleveland, USA.
- Ohashi, T., Y. Hasegawa, H. Taru and M. Manabe. 2008. Evolution of teeth and jaws in ornithopod dinosaurs as a potential analogy for the changes in vegetation and/or environment. 3rd International Symposium of the IGCP Project 507. Ulaanbaatar, MONGOLIA.
- Hasegawa, Y., R. Matsumoto, T. Ohashi, S. E. Evans and M. Manabe. 2007. Cretaceous tetrapod faunas: Contributions from the vertebrate fossil record of Japan. 2nd International Symposium of the IGCP Project 507. Seoul, KOREA. (Poster)
- Ohashi, T., M. Sakamoto, O. Kuwazuru and N. Yoshikawa. 2007. Numerical evaluation for the stress and deformation of theropod dinosaur skull against feeding loads. 8th International Congress of vertebrate Morphology. University of Paris VI, Paris, FRANCE.
- Lydens, L., M. Manabe and T. Ohashi. 2007. From a Distance: Mobile phones as live broadcasting devices. Museums and the Web 2007. San Francisco, USA.
- Ohashi, T. 2006. Structural analysis of derived ornithopod skull using 3D finite element method: Reconsideration of their feeding mechanisms. 66th Annual meeting, Society of Vertebrate Paleontology. Ottawa, CANADA.
- Ohashi, T., O. Kuwazuru and N. Yoshikawa. 2006. Structural analysis of the ornithopod dinosaur skull using finite element method. 2nd International Palaeontological Congress. Peking University, Beijing, CHINA.
- Ohashi, T., O. Kuwazuru and N. Yoshikawa. 2005. Structural analysis of the skull of Tyrannosaurus rex using two-dimensional finite element method. 53rd Symposium of Vertebrate Palaeontology and Comparative Anatomy. The Natural History Museum, London, UK. (Poster)
- Ohashi, T. 2004. Pleurokinesis in a new ornithopod (Dinosauria) from the Early Cretaceous Kuwajima Formation (Tetori Group), Japan. 64th Annual meeting, Society of Vertebrate Paleontology. Denver, USA. (Poster)
- Functional morphology of ornithopod dinosaur skulls using finite element method
- Vertebrate fossils from the Tetori Group (Early Cretaceous, Ishikawa), Kwanmon Group (Early Cretaceous, Fukuoka), Futaba Group (Late Cretaceous, Fukushima), Himenoura Group (Late Cretaceous, Kagoshima) and Ashiya Group (Oligocene, Fukuoka) of Japan